Last month, the Krishnamacharya Yoga Mandiram and MOP Vaishnav College for Women joined together to offer a national seminar in Chennai entitled “Dimensions of Yoga and its Dynamics”. Their aim was to help disseminate to the public the wealth of valuable knowledge that Yoga possesses, for a fund of research evidence exists that establishes Yoga as a potent therapeutic intervention to manage and overcome various illnesses of the body and the mind, a body of knowledge of psychology and a school of philosophical thought. To this end, the seminar involved interactive lectures, practical sessions on Yogasanas and Pranayama, and meditation.
The topics for the seminar included:
- Classical and contemporary dimensions of Yoga
- Dimensions and direction of Yoga envisaged by Patanjali and Sri Krishna
- Is Yoga a system of philosophy or a healthcare therapy?
- New paradigms for psychology from Yogic lore
- Various dimensions of Yoga for the youth
- Sanskrit – The key to unlock deeper dimensions of Yoga
The entire seminar is available to view online, free of charge: